Orphan who was raised by a witch and learned the craft of magic.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Human Witch
Attributes: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 23, Wis 10, Cha 8
Hit Points: 18 (Unconscious at -2, dead at -13; + 5 bonus to stabilize checks)
AC: 11 (touch 11, flatfooted 10)
Saving Throws: Fort + 2, Ref + 3, Will + 5 (+ 2 vs charm and compulsion from Moon Birthmark)
Skills: Diplomacy + 4, Fly + 8, Heal + 7, Knowledge (arcana, history, nature, planes) + 13, Spellcraft + 13, Survival + 5; Perception + 1 (+ 2 in reach of Isho, + 3 in shadows)
Feats: Spell Focus: Enchantment, Extra Hex, Spell Focus: Necromancy
Initiative + 1
Staff + 1 (1d6-1)
Spells (CL 4, concentration +12)
- 0 – Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic, Stabilize
- 1 – Burning Hands DC 17, Cure Light Wounds, Inflict Light Wounds DC 18, Ray of Enfeeblement DC 18, Reduce Person DC 17
- 2 – Cure Moderate Wounds, Darkvision, Hold Person DC 19, Web DC 18
Hexes (range 30 ft unless otherwise noted, unlimited use but once per target per day, DC 18)
- Evil Eye: Target takes -2 to attacks, skills, AC, or Saving Throws; Mind-affecting effect that lasts for 8 rounds or 1 round if the target saves against it (Will).
- Misfortune: Target must save or roll every dice he rolls twice, and take the worst result. Lasts one round.
- Slumber: Target falls asleep for one round per caster level and only wakes from damage or someone taking a standard action to wake target. Works as Sleep but no HD restrictions.
- Cackle: As a move action, you can cackle to prolong any Evil Eye, Fortune, or Misfortune Hex within 30 feet with one round.
Familiar Isho (Owl with Int 7, can Share Spells, Deliver Touch Attacks, has Empathic Link) holds all of Samael’s spells.
Heart of the Wilderness – Samael is less focused on skills like other humans but has learned to survive in the wild.
Birthmark (Moon) – Samael has a special birthmark that protects him from coercion.
Focused Mind – Olikea’s lessons have granted Samael a better concentration than others.
Spell Component Pouch, Healer’s Kit.
Headband of Vast Intellect + 2 (Diplomacy skill)
Cloak of Resistance + 1
Samael grew up in a small village until his family and neighbors were slaughtered by a band of orc raiders. He was able to escape and survived for days. When he couldn’t manage anymore, he was led to a hut by a white owl. This hut belonged to the witch Olikea, who lived near Gadder’s Gamble and was the town’s herbalist.
Olikea recognized a talent for witchcraft in the young boy and Samael learned how to use ingredients for potions and poultices and how to cast basic spells. Samael’s magical patron is the Moon and the owl that led him to the hut has become his trusted familiar, Isho.
From the books he secretly read when he was still living with his parents, Samael has an extensive knowledge of myths and fairy tales. He also has a romantic notion of becoming a lycanthrope one day, able to become one with the moon and nature.